Thursday, July 29, 2010

It's not about me...it's about the kids.

At the beginning of this week doing my job was what i was focusing on. I wanted to be the best craft leader i could be, and i was worried about what the kids thought of how i taught them the gospel. But as the week has gone on God has shown me that doing my job to be the best i could be should not be my focus. My focus should be the kids: loving the kids, having fun with the kids, talking with the kids and getting to know them. When i realized that i was going about my days wrong i started to fix it and God pressed on my heart that i needed to be loving on the kids. So i started doing that and my days have gotten less stressful, i'm still exhausted but i don't wear out as quickly, i have fun with the kids, the kids have more fun, it's just been much better! This mission trip has been a good experience because i have to put the kids before myself completely and give my all to the kids. It's not about how good i am or how good my craft or lesson is, it's purely about the KIDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment